Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Free the Nipple (Read 4247 times)
Naked Jaybird

Free the Nipple
06/05/14 at 10:35:53

Scout Willis continues Free the Nipple campaign

Scout Willis has continued her topless campaign against Instagram’s anti-nipple policy, releasing a statement explaining exactly why the time has come for social acceptance of the nipple.

Likening the #FreetheNipple campaign to the male body activism campaigns of the 1930s, Willis has posted a statement on her blog refuting claims of privileged attention seeking and sharing her reasons for continuing the successful social media campaign.

“I am not trying to argue for mandatory toplessness, or even bralessness. What I am arguing for is a woman’s right to choose how she represents her body -- and to make that choice based on personal desire and not a fear of how people will react to her or how society will judge her,” she wrote.  

Last week, the photogenic offspring of Bruce Willis and Demi Moore took to the streets of New York topless to protest the popular photo sharing app's policing of pictures of the female body after being kicked off the social network for "instances for abuse".

Free the nipple! Topless women inspired by Scout Willis take to the streets of New York City to protest internet censorship

On Sunday, about 20 male and female protesters took to Washington Square Park in the name of the same cause, proudly parading around topless and trying to recruit more activists to join them.

Free The Nipple, the group responsible for the protest, also used the opportunity to promote their upcoming feature film about their endeavors 'to end this insane war on women's boobs!'

Free The Nipple founder Lina Esco, 29, writes on the Fund Anything page for the film: 'Today, in the USA it is ILLEGAL for a woman to be topless in 37 states. In New York City, in 1992 it became LEGAL to be topless in public, but the NYPD continued to arrest women.

'I believe these laws do not reflect the dream upon which the United States was founded.'

http://vimeo.com/77093543
https://twitter.com/freethenipple

BorRs36IgAA4Qfs.jpg
  IP Logged
nude_in_wpg

Re: Free the Nipple
Reply #1 - 06/07/14 at 07:01:10

And yet every single news outlet that reported this felt it necessary to blur out every nipple in every picture and video.  If it's legal to be toples in NYC, why don't they show it on local news broadcasts?

Completely inconsistent.

I have stories posted on other sites about erotic things other than NIP. Ask me for details!
  IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print